GIDDY! RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED! WHOOOOO!       Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Though possibly not the most professional titling job, it certainly sums up how I am feeling at this moment. Entering my newest rough draft, Nanowrimo 2014 edition, going by They Said She Was Crazy into the Chanticleer Book Review contest on a whim, I truly never expected to hear back that I'd made the cut.

There are just too many, right?

Why would they pick mine, right?

I mean, I know when I finished it I felt that it was the best thing I'd ever written, ever, in my life, but that doesn't mean anyone else might feel it was worthy, right?

When I read the email this afternoon, I wasn't prepared to see my name on the Finalist List. (Yes, I feel the need to capitalize, as I am feeling it is a very proper, important noun at the moment.) I double checked, to be sure it wasn't like one of those clearing house spams...'see your name here' kind of a deal. But, there it was, my name, and the working title of my newest manuscript. Right there. In print.

Shaking, elated, giddy and ridiculously excited I called my hubby. At work. He rarely answers his desk phone, as he is rarely at his desk, much like his teacher wife. He answered. I blathered. He asked questions and I did my best to answer, read the notification without too much quavering, and then..."I am so proud of you. I knew I'd have to share you with the world one day."

Oh, whatever will be will be, but for now, this is just enough.

For now.

NEWS:

The CBR Raw NaNoWriMo 2014 writing competition is to discover originality of story concept and raw story-telling ability from unedited manuscript drafts from those who earned a NaNoWriMo certificate for completing at least 50,000 words in November.

The following manuscripts were found compelling and have advanced forward into the Raw NaNoWriMo 2014 Finalist positions:
  • Kristine E. Brickey for They Said She Was Crazy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just a Blue Hat

ONLY ONE MORE DAY

Letting that Sh*t GO!