Giants in our Midst

Giants in our midst

It would be so easy to give in to the wave of gray. The elements seem to be stacking against me as April storms into May. The recent death of a beautiful girl. Thunderstorms and rainy skies. Dreams I cannot remember even when they wake me in the dark of early morning. The approaching month of May, the birth month of the Giant, my 'new normal',  Grief, into my midst.
 It would be so easy to curl up and stay put, to wrap my arms around my heart, to simply not play the game. 
It would be too easy; so I get up, reach out, drive in the rain toward people who will understand. I let the tears flow without wiping. I let my memories skitter and land, my heart sigh and break, and my mind to cloud before clearing again. 
In my front yard, buttercups are starting to show, peeps of yellow that weren’t there yesterday. They have a ways yet to go, but what they work at today will show up tomorrow; and what they fight for tomorrow will show up for the days after. 
Time and a gusty storm may erase them, but next Spring they will show up, keep fighting, exist, these small Daniels that conquer the Goliath of Grief, brighten the rainy days of April, and remind me to keep getting up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just a Blue Hat

ONLY ONE MORE DAY

Letting that Sh*t GO!