The Struggle is Real

Struggling tonight. I was looking forward to today's workout at my Cross Fit, aptly named 'The Undead.' 5 RFT. 15 DLs, 25 Abmat SUs. I went rx. Seems like lately, my body requires more time to recoup, but I'm trying to do mobility, focus on my gains, etc...

Round 1 and I was already behind, but moving at a steady pace as my coach had advised. 25 sit ups take me awhile, and I tried to keep reminding myself that a year ago I would have been home on the couch, not even working out.

By Round 3 I was struggling, breathing during the ab mats got more difficult. Half the others were already finished. FINISHED. I DL'd forward...my mind swirling with 'leave your ego at the door' and other positives I've reinforced from this site and CF since last May. I'm 52. Oldest by a lot in the class.

Yet...as I completed the entire 5th round alone, my fellow GLC mates cheering, I fought the mental struggle more than the nausea and shortness of breath.

I didn't quit. I finished. I broke down my equipment. I completed the 10 minutes of double under practice, even managing to get some done. I chatted with some folks before I drove home...

and it hit me. Hard. I was last. Again. My mental game was down. Lost. I was near tears. Despite my best efforts, my knowing that for 11:56 I worked hard, held my own, completed 75 #110 Deadlifts & 125 sit ups...I felt rotten.

Made dinner. Stretched. Went outside and did chores (horses, dogs). Nothing.

I know this will pass. I know I should keep thinking about my gains. I know, yet...man. Days like this...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just a Blue Hat

ONLY ONE MORE DAY

Letting that Sh*t GO!