The Spirits Abound

     Dreams are bringing my lost ones back to me this week. It has been wonderful and difficult and each night fill my heart with soft melancholy and joy. 

     Sunday I spent a beautiful day with my Aunt Judy. We relaxed and chatted, laughed and remembered Robbie. She sent me home with a framed multi-photo that I'd given to my sweet Polish Grandma years ago. There are six pictures with Katie, Robbie, and I and each makes me smile even as I write this post. I wondered later if this visit was the catalyst for my dream.

     That night I dreamt of Robbie. He was young, maybe 8 or 9, and we were together searching out a new martial arts gym for him, debating one over another. In the dream, Robbie was thoughtful and charming as he used his 'but Ma...' skills to convince me it was worth driving an hour each way to the gym he preferred. It was in Linden. I have no idea where these details came from, but in my dream it didn't matter. I woke, and it took a few minutes before I remembered this dream, realizing with joyfulness I'd spent time with Robbie.

     The next night, I dreamed again, this time it was my equestrian mentor, Peter Campbell, gone nearly five years, another loss by suicide. This night, I knew as I dreamed that Peter was gone, but as he was fond of saying, 'It mattered not.' Inside his Wyoming ranch cabin, he roamed about, sharing his wisdom with me as others carried on, oblivious of his presence. I was the only one who could see him, who could hear him, and I took full advantage, knowing I was in a limited dream space.

     For the past week, my dreams have returned, vivid and sharp, gracing me with people I have lost, whom I miss each day, and still occasionally begin to call on my phone before realizing they will not be there to answer. In full fulfillment of synchronicity, or according to friends, my powers of manifestation, my husband showed me an article that 'just so happened' upon his news feed last night. It's titled: March 2022's New Moon in Pisces is ripe for Manifestation. In part it states, "The moon goes dark on March 2, bringing us a sensitive and creative new moon in Pisces...The mutable water sign and last sign of the zodiac is plugged into the collective unconscious and the world of dreams, making this lunation potent for the most magical aspect of astrology: manifestation."

     My husband's eyes grew large. "Huh," was my monosyllabic response. It doesn't surprise or shock me any more, the non-coincidences that fall into my life. They simply bring me joy, as do my dreams, which continue each night as I sleep more fitfully than I remember sleeping in many years. 



Comments

  1. This is a beautiful piece of writing and I love that you are focusing on the joy these visits bring. The universe has countless mysteries and I’m glad you’re able to experience such rare moments and find peace in them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just a Blue Hat

ONLY ONE MORE DAY

Letting that Sh*t GO!