A House of Dreams

     

       I wished for a House of Dreams, but forgot that nightmares are dreams, too. Locked inside my head, unable to wake despite my screams, I moved forward, unable to go back. Sunflowers grew upward around me, trying to cage me inside their tree trunk sized stems. As their heavy, seeded flowers appeared overhead, the world around me darkened, hurrying my feet even as I tripped and stumbled over unseen roots.

Colors full of meaning swirled, misty moisture collecting upon my face and bared arms. Raging red tinted my hair, firing images of war inside my head. But then, Orange optimism rained upon my cheeks, softening the powerful red, and I stilled, mesmerized with the changing tone. Wanting more, I tipped back my head and waited as Indigo descended upon my face and chest. Imagination filled me with mysteries never dreamed of before. I could have happily stay there forever, soaking them in. Yet, before I’d finished that thought, Blue floated around me, filling me with purpose and renewed confidence to tackle this House of Dreams I was lost inside.

Before I could change my mind, I pushed forward, savoring the clarity of the glowing yellow sun blazing brightly as I moved from beneath the sunflower’s overhead blockade. Without looking, I knew my feet now walked upon green grass, and its soft, thick carpet of safety filled my soul with harmony. I stopped fighting the nightmares, and closed my eyes to feel all the colors as they moved, together yet separate, all their powerful symbolism resonating within me.

I opened my eyes to search the sky, and found myself awake, resting snuggly underneath my favorite blue comforter, head upon my pillow. The nightmare, perhaps not as powerful as I’d imagined, gone. I’d made it through the darkness. All I’d needed was to move through it, one step at a time, in order to find my way back where I belonged. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just a Blue Hat

ONLY ONE MORE DAY

Letting that Sh*t GO!