Emotional Sharpness

These days have razor sharpened my emotions. My eyes fill too quickly with tears. Anger spikes without warning. The simplest things become mountains. Yesterday, I sat in the parking lot of my new chiropractor and cried as I left a message. Today, frustrated tears rolled freely when the vet didn't answer my call. "I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHEN YOU'RE ARRIVING!" I yelled to nobody, dislodging birds from the trees. I'd just finished a calming yoga routine on my front porch. So much for that hour.

These days are almost too much. Nerves are stretched thin and raw, ready to snap. It would be almost too much if it was all there was to maneuver; but, add in a decade of grief, new brotherly loss; combine the removal of physical and mental release from CrossFit, massage therapy, and regular chiropractic care; together, they are escalating my emotional fragility.

I know I am not the only one feeling these feelings.
I know it is important for others to understand that they are not the only one feeling these feelings.

Let the feelings flow.
You are not alone.

Today, the sun has decided to shine. It's chilly, but a sweatshirt takes care of that, and I will head out soon, scratch my equines, and settle into the Rose of Sharon lining my driveway to pull out weeds whose roots have been loosened by the Biblical downpour of the past days.

These days, my emotions are raw, but I can still find release and pleasant moments sitting in the midst of birdsong, sun warm on my skin, waiting for my hawks to appear.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just a Blue Hat

ONLY ONE MORE DAY

Letting that Sh*t GO!